The cheapest month to fly with British Airways can vary significantly depending on your individual travel route, flight type, seasonality, cabin class as well as the availability of seats. Therefore, it’s impossible to specify a particular period for getting cheap flight deals.
However, some months can guarantee comparatively better deals for your air travel needs. Here’s a brief description of them.
January and February.
The early year months i.e., January and February remain the cheapest to travel. This is because after the holiday season, there’s a prominent decrease in demand for flights and this results in lower air fares because of larger availability of seats. Therefore, we can say that this is the ideal time for budget-conscious travellers to book their flights for worldwide destinations.
- Reduced demand brings the lowest possible ticket prices.
- There’s less crowd of people for the popular tourist destinations. Therefore, ensuring a peaceful travel experience.
- It is the best time to travel for different winter events and/or festivals.
- Most of the regions experience the coldest temperatures during January and February. Therefore, if you are travelling to such destinations, be ready for potential weather-related disruptions.
- As the days are shorter in winter, daylight can have a direct impact on your travel plans and activities.
September and October.
Ensuring cost-effective travel, the flight booking window that lies between September and October offers very budget-friendly travel opportunities. As the summer vacations have ended and people are planning to travel back to their works/homes, these months bring the perfect balance between savings and favourable weather for travelling.
- During these months, a majority of regions have pleasant weather conditions.
- A smaller number of people are travelling which results in fewer crowds as well.
- Competitive fares are available because of less demand in the market.
September and October might bring the shoulder season for some regions as well i.e., lying between the off-peak travel months and peak travel months. Therefore, the airfares are subject to change.
November is another attractive month for cheap travel because it comes after the Thanksgiving holiday. Therefore, airfares become more affordable as this occasion has passed. All in all, it provides an excellent opportunity for international travellers to travel worldwide.
- Lower post-holiday fares because of the lesser number of people travelling.
- You can enjoy vibrant autumn colours in many regions.
- Many cultural experiences also happen because of different festivals and events that are going on during this time.
If you are travelling close to Thanksgiving, expensive airfares are available. So be mindful of that as well.
Spring months i.e., March, April, and May, offer a budget-friendly travel option. With milder temperatures and blossoming landscapes, passengers can have a pleasant travel experience.
- As spring brings pleasant weather, so is the condition of flights i.e., affordable and qualitative.
- You can travel for your hobbies of hiking, cycling, and sightseeing to different destinations.
- Spring months also bring a variety of pre-summer discounts and deals to benefit from.
Remember to avoid travel during the spring break period because it can bring expensive ticket prices as there’s high demand for flights.
Before the holiday rush i.e., the first two weeks of December, it proves to be an opportune time for cost-effective flight booking. This is because the majority of people are yet to embark on their holiday journeys, therefore, there’s a larger availability of flights during this time which results in competitive fares.
- December travel brings with it a festive and joyous atmosphere.
- Before the holiday period begins, budget-friendly fares are guaranteed.
The period for booking affordable lights in December is very short. So, book your flight as early as possible within the first two weeks.
These are some of the cheapest months to fly with British Airways premium economy class.